BLACKSBURG, Va. – The University of Richmond men’s tennis team (0-2) dropped a road match to Virginia Tech (4-4) Saturday afternoon, 7-0.
The match was scheduled after Richmond’s matches at Carnegie Mellon and Duquesne originally scheduled for Friday and Saturday were cancelled and postponed due to inclement weather.
In doubles, Sebastian Miano and Alex Wernink fell 0-6 on Court 3 before John Walsh and Campbell Erwin fell 1-6 on Court 2, leaving Daniel Kliebhan and Josh Keitelman unfinished on Court 1 ahead 4-3.
In singles play, Kliebhan, Miano, Walsh, and Erwin each went down quickly in straight sets while Keitelman battled for a 4-6, 3-6 loss and Wernink forced his opponent to play from behind before falling 5-7, 4-6.
Virginia Tech 7, Richmond 0
1. Ryan Fishback (VT) def. Daniel Kliebhan (UR) 6-2, 6-1 2 1
2. Alvaro Ariza (VT) def. Alex Wernink (UR) 7-5, 6-4
3. Carlo Donato (VT) def. John Walsh (UR) 6-1, 6-1
4. Michael Shepheard (VT) def. Campbell Erwin (UR) 6-1, 6-3
5. Alberto Orso (VT) def. Sebastian Miano (UR) 6-0, 6-2
6. Alex Ix (VT) def. Josh Keitelman (UR) 6-4, 6-3
Order of Finish: 1, 5, 3, 4, 6, 2
1. Daniel Kliebhan/Josh Keitelman (UR) vs. Jordan Chrysostom/Ryan Fishback (VT), unfinished at 4-3
2. Alvaro Ariza/Scott Sculley (VT) def. Campbell Erwin/John Walsh (UR) 6-1
3. Alberto Orso/Carlo Donato (VT) def. Alex Wernink/Sebastian Miano (UR) 6-0
Order of finish: 3, 2
The Spiders play at home for the first time this season Wednesday, Feb. 9 when they host Hampton at 1:30 p.m.
— UR —
ORLANDO, Fla. – A new hotel in Orlando is offering the latest in cutting-edge technology, making it a leader in the wellness, technology and hospitality industries.The Lake Nona Wave Hotel opened in December 2021.Jessi Blakley, the vice president of Lake Nona, said it is the centerpiece of the community.Ad“It’s been...