- Heather McClees is a certified nutritionist, and an experienced writer and editor from South Carolina who covers health, food, and lifestyle topics for a variety of online publications.
- She has a B.S. in Nutrition Science and Dietetics and a background in communications and news journalism. She reviews healthy foods, supplements, kitchen products, and lifestyle products related to supporting and obtaining optimal health and wellness.
- She is also passionate about spreading the benefits of living well with others and has worked for over a decade to do so in her personal and professional life.
Over 15 years ago, her own health journey led Heather to look into the benefits of health and wellness. She changed her career path plans, her education, and her entire lifestyle in order to pursue health and wellness. Since, she has graduated with a degree in nutrition, further educated herself to continue learning about health and wellness, and has passionately pursued spreading the message to others in her personal and professional life.
For over a decade, Heather has been blogging and writing online about health, food, wellness, and living a healthy lifestyle. She has also coached others to eat more healthfully, specifically in the area of plant-based nutrition. Heather has also been reviewing products and connecting with individuals, companies, and some of the top-level consumer health and food brands to share the benefits of living a healthy lifestyle with others. She regularly tests products, writes about how to shop healthfully for groceries, health supplements, and home health products hoping to help others live more healthfully, whatever that means to them.
A Vitamix blender! An avid smoothie lover, Heather has been making plant-based smoothies for over the last 15 years and is well-known by her family for her love of her Vitamix blenders (she has 3!).
Bachelor of Science Degree in Nutrition Science and Dietetics from Kaplan University with a minor in Journalism and Fine Arts from the Upstate of South Carolina Certified Holistic Health Coach with the Institute for Integrative Nutrition Heather is also a Healthy for Life Education Facilitator with the American Heart Association to spread the benefits of eating well with others throughout her community Currently enrolled at The Herbal Academy to become a Certified Clinical Herbalist Two-Year Goal: Currently looking to pursue her Master’s degree as an R.D.N. in the state of South Carolina to become a registered dietitian nutritionist in the next 2 years.
- Heather’s work has appeared at The Kitchn, Southern Living, One Green Planet, Vitacost.com, and many other online outlets.
- Heather was a previous editor assistant at a local newspaper for the lifestyle department, an online editorial assistant, and recently worked as a content editor at Simply Recipes.
- Graduated at the top of her university class with Cum Laude honors.
- Previous Volunteer Coordinator and Spokesperson for a children’s shelter with United Wa.
About Verywell Health
Verywell Health, a Dotdash Meredith Brand, is an award-winning online resource for reliable, empathetic, and up-to-date health information on medical topics that matter most to you. We reach more than 300 million readers annually. Verywell Health content is fact checked and reviewed by our Medical Review Board for accuracy and integrity. Learn more about us and our editorial process.